Your viewing journal

I'm not a big fan of harem shows at all so the concept of this one sounded like the worst thing ever, but I liked its silliness, and its willingness to play with the genre and anime conventions (as well as the fourth wall).
Yeah my initial reaction to harems is disinterest, even if my inner lecher gets excited but I definitely don't mind if the comedy is done well and the show is well reviewed.
(I know QQ has several big fans here, I just couldn't get into it - the humour was different and even the concept felt too cynical coming so soon after Osomatsu-san! I didn't really like any of the girls too* whereas the girls in 100 Girlfriends are so wacky - admittedly the first two more than some of the others - that I I find them fun to watch.)
Have heard of but never actually watched Osomatsu-san - I didn't realise it was a harem?! I really like the humour in QQ, which I think in large part was down to Futaro, who was my favourite character ahead of any of the girls - his complete lack of interest in romance, laser focus and unashamed honesty in wanting to earn money to support his family was refreshing, as were all his almost asexual responses to tropey situations invariably resulting in him telling everyone off and to get back to work heheh. I can see the girls not being that likeable to everyone, they were certainly crafted to fulfil the usual tropes, but I thought they were quite well developed for my expectations and their familial bonds again I found refreshing as opposed to the usual rivalries in harems.

Last edited:
An Archdemon’s Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride episode 7 Helper.

A Salad Bowl of Eccentrics episode 6 My dress-up doll.

Dungeon Meshi episode 19 Darkest dreaming.

Yuru Camp△ Season 3 episode 6 When the sun sets.

Parallel World Pharmacy (Rewatch) episodes 1-12 (Complete. A very solid medical-based fantasy series that managed to entertain upon rewatch - I’d welcome a second season.) 3.5/5

I'm in Love with the Villainess eps 4-6 (dub)
Practice, exams and spooky mission.

Witch Hunter Robin eps 24-26 (dub) (rewatch complete)
Final pieces of the picture.
Felt this was a little uneven with a first half mostly episodic and then a big twist about halfway with little warning and it was slightly confusing as to what was going on with a load of factions popping up, but the remaining episodes sort of filled in all the blanks.
The art and animation were OK, the art style being the push towards more realistic proportions that a lot of shows in the same era had. Equally 3D artists were shown in the credits, but they weren't as noticeable as some shows in the same era.
Probably keep it at:
7/10

Bleach Arcs 1-3 Already rewatched the first 3 arcs fairly recently 3 years ago 6 years ago! Might get back to watching the rest after stopping again after the 5th Arc.
Cowboy Bebop (Still about time I re-rewatched!)
Fullmetal Alchemist
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (1st GIG)
Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex (2nd GIG)

Gundam SEED
.hack//SIGN
Planetes
s-CRY-ed
Vision of Escaflowne
Witch Hunter Robin
Wolf's Rain

A Place Further Than the Universe eps 1-3 (dub)
Coming together.
Been a while, but I think the dub cast are doing a pretty good job of it. There's always that problem where, as a native speaker, I can tell they're older than their characters, Shirase's VA definitely sounds too mature at times, unlike when watching subbed. Maybe a native Japanese speaker can tell and as a non-native I can't or maybe the language itself somehow lends to JVAs always sounding right.

Astro Note episode 6 Secret.

Nijiyon Animation 2 episode 6 Rush.

That Time I Got Reincarnated As a Slime Season 3 episode 54 Opportunity.

The Misfit of Demon King Academy II Part 2 episode 44 Arrogant god.

The iDOLM@STER Shiny Colors episode 6 Feelings on display.

The Irregular at Magic High School Season 3 episode 45 Only option.

Parasite Dolls OVA An OVA series related to AD Police that was decent enough but nothing too memorable. 3/5

Peach Girl
episodes 1-21

Last edited:
Tsukimichi Moonlit Fantasy S1
Much fun with all the characters.
Good fights and I like the comedy.
Komoe is a wee cutie and I'm strangely drawn to Emma.

I've Somehow Gotten Stronger when I improved my Farm Related Skills
Enjoyable and funny.

Friday:
Frieren: Beyond Journey's End (Japanese audio) - Episodes 20-22

Today:
MASHLE: MAGIC & MUSCLES: The Divine Visionary Candidate Exam Arc (Japanese audio) - Episodes 10-12 (Completed)

Back