What did you RECEIVE today? PHOTOS EDITION!

Yeah, at release they did do replacements discs as I got mine. Though it was a while ago might be worth messaging them just in case.

I'll tag them here as well @MVM
MVM were really helpful and I got my replacement disc for Air yesterday. Fantastic customer service: something that seems so lacking these days. Thanks again for suggesting I try regardless of the statute of limitations!

The Kano sisters and Elvira.
The book is the Kano sisters cosplay.
You'll all prefer Rei Ayanami but I'll go with Lucoa and Vice-president Meiko

Attachments

• 1715355616894329451246263957562.jpg
    1715355616894329451246263957562.jpg
    649.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 17153555607787385477692302573450.jpg
    17153555607787385477692302573450.jpg
    609.4 KB · Views: 3
  • 17153555286124186893097911461814.jpg
    17153555286124186893097911461814.jpg
    622 KB · Views: 3
  • 17153555047821260561225928869376.jpg
    17153555047821260561225928869376.jpg
    414.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 17153554493472046752771216906112.jpg
    17153554493472046752771216906112.jpg
    475.9 KB · Views: 3
Never really got into "shoot 'em ups" but it's Dragon Maid so I'll give it a chance. Feel this was the sort of game to get sooner than later, can't imagine it had a huge print run.

Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid: Burst Forth!! Choro-gon Breath (Switch)

1000000566.jpg

I picked up these two wholesome romance series 😅 from a friend on blu-ray.com, each viewed once, and received them in the mail today:

Dangers in my Heart
Teacher's Carnal Courses

dangersinmyheart.jpg

teacherscarnal.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_9426.jpeg
HMV added some 101 Films titles to their 2 for £15 so picked up two big documentaries, plus The Garbage Pail Kids Movie, mainly for the documentary included. Also acquired Jason and the Argonauts from Rarewaves via their eBay outlet.

2024 HAUL - MAY CHAPTER: BATCH #1
A few packages since the start of the month. A lot of titles have been ordered but they're not going to be here for weeks to months.

The Shape of Night - 07.jpg
Suzhou River - 07.jpg

Arriving on 3rd May was my Terracotta order covering more Radiance Films Asian films with Noburo Nakamura's 1964 film The Shape of Night (夜の片鱗) from Japan and Lou Ye's 2000 film Suzhou River (苏州河) from China. The latter was supposed to have been part of the March line-up but was delayed by a month.

PS4 Haul 1.jpg

Decided to see if I can get any more PS4 games for the collection as there's a small batch of titles left to get, and among those were the Bandai Namco anime fighting games. Ordered these last weekend and they have arrived.

First we have One Punch Man: A Hero Nobody Knows which arrived last Thursday via CeX. The back cover is damaged but the price is half the cost of other conditions/offers so I can't be bothered to complain.

Then today we have My Hero Academia: One's Justice 1 & 2, both from an eBay seller as they had each of them together. Price was decent and while I was worried the package was missing because there was barely any tracking, it did arrive today and was all good.

Return to Seoul 1.jpg

In town today I picked up Return to Seoul (Retour à Séoul), a 2022 French film by director Davy Chou released by MUBI. This is a multi-language film which has French, English & Korean dialogue throughout, and while I've been aware of this film for a while I only just checked out a trailer recently and decided to look into it, and found it in HMV with its slipcase.

I now have the first three seasons of Slayers on DVD. Amazingly, Slayers Try is brand new, and still in the original shrink wrap!

Slayers Next is in a bigger cardboard case that holds four individual thin plastic cases, whereas the other two are in one single plastic case that is slightly less tall. I don't know whether the entire run of Next was in a different case, or if I just happened to acquire a boxed version. Either way, it looks odd on a shelf when they're all stacked next to each other. I'm not massively bothered - it just seems like an odd design decision if this is the only version of the complete Next in the UK. Personally I much prefer the card case of Next, when compared to the other two. It looks beautiful.

Also, fun fact: turns out that there was a manufacturing error with the 2nd disk of Slayers season 1. After doing some research, it turns out that MVM created new disks at the time to fix the problem. I bought this from CEX, and chanced upon a broken one. I got a refund, bought it from CEX again, and I'm happy to say that I've now got a working one. I'm also less happy to say that CEX said they'll put the old broken one back on sale again, because apparently that's standard policy for disks that are returned as faulty. Lesson learned: if you buy disks from CEX, do your best to watch them ASAP. Or at the very least, keep the receipts until you've had a chance to watch them.

IMG_2505.jpg

IMG_2506.JPG

Also, fun fact: turns out that there was a manufacturing error with the 2nd disk of Slayers season 1. After doing some research, it turns out that MVM created new disks at the time to fix the problem.

What were the problems with the disc if you don't mind me asking? Slayers is a series I've been wanting to pick up eventually myself so will be good to know.

What were the problems with the disc if you don't mind me asking? Slayers is a series I've been wanting to pick up eventually myself so will be good to know.

The problem is on disk 2, about a third of way through the 2nd episode (the episode called "HELP! Shabranigdo is Reborn"), as they enter Rezo's tower, the disk is broken. I tried it on two players. On my Panasonic player it manifests as playing about ten seconds of video, then freezing for a few seconds, then skipping back about four seconds, then playing for ten seconds, then freezing, and so on. I also have a cheap and cheerful USB DVD player, and the video simply fails to play at the point that the problems start.

I was mighty happy when my latest copy played with no problems!

The timer on your media player will give a cumulative time for all the episodes on the disk, rather than a time per-episode. I think the problems happened at approx the 33 minute mark.

Last edited:
The problem is on disk 2, about a third of way through the 2nd episode (the episode called "HELP! Shabranigdo is Reborn", as they enter Rezo's tower, the disk is broken. I tried it on two players. On my Panasonic player it manifests as playing about ten seconds of video, then freezing for a few seconds, then skipping back about four seconds, then playing for ten seconds, then freezing, and so on. I also have a cheap and cheerful USB DVD player, and the video simply fails to play at the point that the problems start.
I was mighty happy when my latest copy played with no problems!

The timer on your media player will give a cumulative time for all the episodes on the disk, rather than a time per-episode. I think the problems happened at approx the 33 minute mark.

Thank you! I'll keep that in mind when I eventually get it.

That's right, I'm still putting off getting a region free player until I really want something that I can't get on region B.

Managed to find this on eBay from a UK seller for under a tenner. The seal was a bit battered, which was mentioned in the description.

Thank you to Madman and our Australian cousins, doing God's work.

IMG_20240513_123040101 (1).jpg

IMG_9429.jpeg
Bonus post of the day as Warner Bros sent me this entire set to replace the faulty discs from the initial pressings included with the standard and Steelbook releases.

Back